More than 20 years ago as a young Dietitian intern I was informed by our then Internship Director, that my cohorts and I will be required to take a speech dynamics course.
We were not impressed that additional work and cost were being placed upon us. We reluctantly agreed and today, 20 years later I admit that was one of the best decisions made on my behalf. I continue to use these skills every day of my personal and professional lives.
I am writing to introduce you to IDARE Work: Coaching Performance, an online course on how to use leadership and coaching tools to plant confidence, build empathy and create work environments that are more meaningful.
I understand the importance for newly trained professionals to have different tools in their tool boxes when entering today’s complex and rapidly changing work environment.
Having taught this course at post-secondary institutions and within various organizations, I have seen how it has contributed to individuals’ learning and professional development.
This introductory course to professional coaching is taught by a Professional Certified Coach with over 20 years’ experience as a licensed health care professional working directly with clients and organizations.
How Do We Equip New Professionals for Today’s Work Environment?
We use the I.D.A.R.E Coaching Framework©. I.D.A.R.E is an acronym:
I- is the coachee’s INTENTION-what they really want to achieve.
D- is the coachee’s DESIRE to look for solutions.
A- are the ACTIONS the coachee has agreed to take.
R-are the RESULTS achieved
E- is the EVALUATION process the coachee uses to ascertain the effectiveness of their actions and results achieved.
- How to use the I.D.A.R.E Coaching Model © as a communication tool for working with clients to achieve sustainable health practices
- How to use the I.D.A.R.E Coaching Model © to work with colleagues and direct reports to achieve desired organizational and departmental outcomes
- Practice using the I.D.A.R.E Coaching Model© in a number of work and client-related case studies
At the end of the course, participants will be able to use the I.D.A.R.E Coaching Model© to work with clients and colleagues in a variety of personal and professional situations such as:
- Assess readiness for change and to build presence and rapport with clients
- Help clients identify their intentions and desired solutions to achieve their goals
- Work with clients to prioritize actions, accept actions and follow through and follow up on actions
- Assess results and evaluate progress in relationship to identified intention
At the end of the course participants will be able to use the I.D.A.R.E Coaching Model© to:
- Move clients closer to achieving their desired goals
- Identify both internal and external challenges faced by clients
- Coach clients how to use the 5-steps in the I.D.A.R.E Coaching Model© to identify their intentions and build self-accountability
- Effectively communicate their ideas and suggestions to team members higher up in the organization or those who report up to them
- Engage, communicate and work collaboratively with difficult families and coworkers